Protecting our customer information is of the utmost importance to Yellow Jersey. For this reason, any cookies used on our sites will not contain personally identifiable information about you. Cookies are used on our websites to enable us to make your visits as efficient as possible.
Benefits to user experience of Cookies
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites and occasionally emails. Cookies provide useful data to companies and help web users in numerous ways.
Three types of cookies are implemented on our website:
- Session cookies that are deleted at the end of each session
- Persistent cookies which remain in place over numerous visits to our sites
- Third party cookies that are placed by our business partners
Some of these cookies are non-essential.
Some cookies are required in order for you to use our website. These are used ‘in-session’ each time you visit, and expire when you leave the site. They’re not stored on your computer and they don’t contain any personal data. You can delete them via your browser if you wish to, but this will restrict the functions that you’re able to carry out on our site. For more information about how to disable cookies in your browser, please visit the About Cookies website.
Essential cookies and how they are used on the Yellow Jersey website
- Session cookies – These enable you to carry out some essential functions on our site. They also help by minimising the need to transfer data across the internet. They are not stored on your computer and they expire when you finish your browser session
- Tracking cookies – These enable us to recognise returning visitors to the Yellow Jersey site. For this purpose, Yellow Jersey uses Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, we’re able to record specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path you take through the site. By monitoring this information we’re able to make improvements to our site. Google also reserves the rights to the data collected. We use Google Analytics to analyse page use, page interactions and the routes our customers take through our sites. These are known as ‘web metrics’. We don’t record any personal information you provide during any process.
These cookies are usually supplied by our business partners and are used for analytical purposes to make sure that they only display information that’s interesting and relevant to you. The following list of sites that place non-essential cookies on our site is made up entirely of the social networking sites we post on; Twitter, Facebook and Google+. These cookies enable you to easily bookmark or recommend selected pages.
Accepting and blocking cookies
These cookies make it quicker and easier for you to access sites on subsequent visits that use Flash technology. Deleting them means you may have to re-enter information each time you visit the same site. You can delete Flash cookies by going to the Settings Manager for your Adobe Flash Player. You will be taken to the Adobe website which lists the websites with the cookies in your browser. Just click Delete opposite the relevant website.
Cookies we use on our website
|Domain||Cookie name||Cookie description|
|doubleclick.net||IDE||This cookie from Google DoubleClick is used for re-targeting, optimisation, reporting and attribution of online adverts.|
|bing.com||MUID||Used by Microsoft advertising to anonymously identify user sessions to help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns|
|bing.com||MUIDB||Used by Microsoft advertising to anonymously identify user sessions to help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns|
|yellowjersey.co.uk||PHPSESSID||Used by our site to record webform submissions|
|Google.com||_ga||This cookie is used by Google to distinguish users.|
|Google.com||_gat_UA-48464798-1||This cookie is used by Google to distinguish users.|
|Google.com||_gid||This cookie is used to distinguish users.|
|hotjar.com||_hjIncludedInSample||This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in their sample for analytics and feedback.|
|bing.com||_uetsid||Universal Event Tracking used by Bing Ads to measure conversion rates|
|facebook.com||fr||Facebook tracks site users for advert targeting purposes|
|twitter.com||personalization_id||Twitter tracks site users for advert targeting purposes|
|yellowjersey.co.uk||yj_af||Used to track conversions from our affiliate partners|
|yellowjersey.co.uk||tap_vid||Used to track conversions from our affiliate partners|
|yellowjersey.co.uk||wordpress_test_cookie||Used on sites built with WordPress. Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled|
You’ll find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org, which gives details on how to delete cookies from your computer or mobile.